Natural remedies for obesity
- Guduchi is a commonly used herb for obesity. It helps in reducing fats in the body and is very effective in weight loss.
- Indian gooseberry (amalaki) is an effective herb for the treatment of obesity. It is an integral component of Triphala, which is also prescribed in the treatment of obesity.
- Guggulu is used in the reduction of fat accumulation in the body, giving people a leaner physique.
- Aloe Vera herb is very beneficial in controlling obesity.
- Mix black pepper powder in vegetable soup and vegetables. It not only enhances the flavor of your food items but also helps in controlling obesity and burning excessive fat.
- Apple cider vinegar is also used in weight control.
- Jujube for Obesity: The recommended recipe for the treatment of obesity with jujube is to place a handful of the jujube leaves in a cup of water and allow the leaves to soak overnight. Drink the jujube leave-infused water the next morning before you have had anything else to eat or drink. Continue this routine every night and day for at least one month. It will take that amount of time to notice a change. The jujube leaves' toning qualities should take effect and you should start to notice a more toned figure. This toned figure represents an increase in muscle and a reduction in body fat. Reduction of body fat is a key component in eliminating obesity.
Home Remedies for Obesity
Following are some of the effective home remedies for obesity:
- Eat papaya or vegetable soup as your dinner for 2-3 months if you want a quick weight loss. This works in controlling obesity.
- Drink green tea or ginger tea as ginger is very effective in burning excessive fat in your body.
- Mix small amount of honey and fresh ginger paste. Take this with half tablespoon guggul to control obesity.
- Prepare a drink by adding half teaspoon fresh honey and half teaspoon fresh basil (tulsi) paste in a luke warm water. It is an effective home remedy for obesity control.
- Add half teaspoon fresh lemon juice and half teaspoon fresh honey in a luke warm water. Take this every morning with an empty stomach.
- Eat tomato in early morning as it is beneficial in keeping cholesterol level to the normal and reduce fat.
- Horse gram is also very effective in controlling obesity. Soak 1-2 tablespoon of horse gram in a glass of water and allow it to rest overnight and take the soaked solution every morning in an empty stomach.
Do's and Don't for Obesity
Following are some of the simple tips for obesity:
- Be very careful about the food you take. It should not be oily, spicy and fatty.
- Say a strict no to smoking and alcoholism. Both of these can cause severe complications in people with excess fats in their bodies.
- Exercises are must for burning fat. Do some breathing exercises and yogic asana for maintaining good shape and healthy mind. Go for morning walk everyday.
- Do sit ups and push ups as they makes your body flexible and tones the abdomen muscles, buttocks, thighs, and other body parts.
- Do not eat sweet and candy. These must be avoided at any cost.
- Do not eat foods that are rich in carbohydrates, such as rice and potatoes.
- Include food grains such as wheat, barley, sorghum and maize in your diet.
- Your food must contain at least one bitter or pungent food. This must be cooked minimally to maintain the juices intact. The bitter gourd and the bitter variety of drumstick are beneficial in this aspect.
- Avoid red meats as they have high fatty contents.
- Live stress free and be optimistic in your life.
- Eat fresh green vegetables like lauki, palak, methi, cabbage and beet.
- Eat green salad containing tomatoes and mint leaves as they are effective in burning excessive fat.
- Drink plenty of water daily. It is helpful in proper functioning of body and lead to obesity control.
- Drink cabbage juice or eat vegetable cabbage in any form. It is extremely beneficial in controlling obesity.
- Fruits like carrot, pineapple, papaya and apple are very effective in keeping you healthy and fit.
- Take luke warm water after regular lunch and dinner as it is effective for proper digestion of food and burning of excessive fat.
- Do not eat refined flour and high caloric chocolates.
- Do not eat your breakfast as this is an unhealthy habit and leads to obesity.
- Use vegetable oil like ground oil, sunflower oil in place of butter or ghee.
- Avoid excess salt in your cooking.